Monday Madness is a weekly meme, hosted by yours truly, wherein Books and Bindings will be posting five random writing prompts. What to do with these, you say? Here are some ideas…
- Pick one (or two, or three…) from the five random writing prompts that you’d like to do and start writing.
- Make up a schedule throughout the week doing one prompt from the five given for each day of the week. (Prompt #1 on Monday, Prompt #2 on Tuesday…)
- Do all five of them in one day (because you’re a writing machine!).
Writing Prompts for the week:
- Write about a day you’d like to forget.
- Which character from a fiction book would you most like to meet in person and why?
- You wake up in a hospital bed, alone, clueless, and confused, with nothing else around you – no cards, no flowers, no clue to what you’re doing in the hospital – except for a hand mirror. Would you dare to look into the hand mirror?
- Playing in the hallway one day, your kids accidentally bump into your grandfather clock, which has been in the family for years. As it smashes into the ground, you find a note hidden inside from your great grandfather, who died two months after you were born. Strangely enough, the note is addressed to you. | Writer’s Digest
- Imagine that you can remember the first moments after you were born, and describe them in present tense (“I feel,” “I see,” etc.) | The One Minute Writer
POST the link to your own Monday Madness on the comments below or just post your actual answer if you want.