Title: Break the Sky
Author: Nina Lane
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance 18 +
Publish Date: July 29, 2014
Publisher: Snow Queen Publishing
ISBN: 0990532461 (ISBN13: 9780990532460)
“Do you ever let go, storm girl?” he asked. “Ever lose control? Ever surrender?”
“Never,” I whispered. “I never surrender.”
A smile of both promise and warning curved his beautiful mouth.
Atmospheric scientist Kelsey March is under siege. Her tornado research project is on the skids and she’s fighting conflict in her university department. So when irresistible bad boy Archer West suggests a hot, wild fling while he’s in town, Kelsey is unable to resist his sexy offer.
Kelsey and Archer embark on a intense, exhilarating affair. But soon their differences and private battles encroach on their desire, and Kelsey discovers she is caught in a storm she can’t control…
BREAK THE SKY is a standalone Spiral of Bliss spin-off novel from New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Nina Lane.
Amazon | Barnes and Noble | iTunes
SIX FUN FACTS: Kelsey March
1. I have a secret love for Russian folk songs and once took lessons to learn how to play the balalaika
2. I played the role of Anita, one of the Sharks, in a high-school production of West Side Story.
3. When I was a kid, our apartment didn’t allow pets, but I found an escaped dwarf hamster in our dining room one day, and my parents let me keep it.
4. I once dated a guy whose life mission was to take photographs of lightning.
5. I’ve flown with an Air Force unit into the eye of a tropical cyclone over the North Atlantic ocean.
6. I don’t like mushrooms on my pizza, but I love anchovies.
SIX FUN FACTS: Archer West
1. I once worked on a salmon fishing boat in Alaska, which is how I earned the money to buy a used Harley.
2. I’ve traveled to every state in the US except for Rhode Island and Hawaii.
3. I have a scar on my leg from a childhood accident when I tried to use bottle rockets on my bicycle to make it go faster.
4. I have a crush on Wonder Woman.
5. When I was living in an apartment in LA, I learned how to make homemade spaghetti sauce from the landlord, who was originally from Sicily.
6. I wanted to be an astronaut when I grew up.
“Everything changed after that. And everything stayed the same.”
“My heart flipped just like the coin – a wild seamless spin flashing silver. I felt my heart suspend in mid-air for an instant, poised to drop, and I had the sudden, irrational sense that it too, could fall right into the palm of his hand.”
I rarely give 5 star ratings – as I feel that standard should be reserved for only the exceptional masterpieces. That being said – this book deserves 6! This book is exquisite! I had never read Nina Lane’s work before picking up Break the Sky, but have plans to seek out her entire catalog. I know I am a bit old for the position – but I am now her total fan-girl. Each paragraph held a treasure. The story and characters were complex and beautifully written, yet easy to follow and adore.
Ms. Lane’s writing is rich with texture and detail. I could smell and taste the bacon, I could hear the rain and storms raging, I grew tense and upset when they did, I was exhausted when they were depleted, I let out my held breath when they breathed a sigh of relief. I think I may even have been swaying while they danced… To say I was totally involved or captivated… sounds trite. I was enthralled. And I loved every minute of it! Her love scenes were emotional and passionate, as well as sensual – which I adore. Although Ms. Lane’s writing squeezed my heart and brought me to tears several times, this book was a delicious treat beginning to end. I know I will be thinking and raving about this one for quite some time.
About the Author
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Nina Lane writes hot, sexy romances and spicy erotica. Originally from California, she loves traveling and thinks St. Petersburg, Russia is a city everyone should visit at least once. Nina also spent many years in graduate school studying art history and library sciences.
Although she would go back for another degree if she could because she’s that much of a bookworm, she now lives the happy life of a full-time writer. Nina’s novel The Erotic Dark hit #1 on Amazon’s Erotica Bestseller list. Spice Box box set which included Arouse was #6 on the New York Times Bestseller list and #13 in USA Today.
NINA LANE’S RECIPE FOR A HOT ROMANCE
The first ingredient in the recipe would have to be a sizzling physical attraction! Add a hefty dose of conflict and stir the pot with a bunch of compelling reasons why the couple cannot be together.
Turn up the heat. Turn it up again. Turn it up a third time, and pour in cupfuls of needs, wishes, wants, and desires that the hero and the heroine fulfill in each other. Toss in an adversary whom the couple must battle. Oh, and turn that heat up yet another few degrees. Bake for about 85,000 words and serve with a piping hot helping of true love and a dessert of happily-ever-after.
Connect with the Author
Remember to sign up for Nina’s Newsletter so you never miss a exclusive news.