Author: Alicia Rae
Genre: Contemporary Romance 18+
Publication Date: October 20, 2014
Event Organized By: Literati Author Services, Inc.
~ Synopsis ~
*Book 6 in The Beautiful Series or Standalone*
All Blake Johnson knows is the life of a Marine. After serving his country for eight years, he returns to his family for some rest and rehabilitation. Fighting an internal war, he battles sleepless nights as images of his former military days haunt him.
From the moment Audrey Hampton walks into his life, he is drawn to her. Her beauty leaves him breathless and weak in the knees. She kindles a spark of hope deep within his soul, igniting a part of himself he feared was missing. Her never-ending compassion for others opens his heart in a way he never dreamed.
But Audrey is hiding wounds of her own. Returning to Lake Tahoe to care for her ill mother triggers painful childhood memories of her parents’ loveless marriage, reminding her there is no such thing as true love.
Will Blake’s resolve be powerful enough to open Audrey’s sealed heart? Or will Audrey fear the past and risk losing the man who could give her life a new found purpose?
Can two wounded souls become one?
“‘Nothing compares to this Audrey,’ I said, unable to hold back. ‘Nothing has ever made me feel the way I do when I’m with you. You’re all I see.’”
“You have made me smile, love, and even dream a life full of love. It is beyond anything I could have ever imagined for myself. You are my one and only for eternity.”
“‘Love doesn’t need a calendar or a clock, Audrey,’ Lily chimed in. ‘It just needs two people to take a leap of faith and follow their hearts.’”
This may be the sixth book in the series, but it is my second read from the Alicia Rae Beautiful series. Another sweet story of finding love when those involved are not looking for it, expecting it, or even aware they needed it. Swoon, I am totally besotted with Blake, although admittedly, I know such a man is a total fantasy as he is really just too good to be true. I appreciate and enjoy the fact that her books are stand-alone volumes, yet we continue to hear about some of the characters from previous books. Her writing is easy to follow, heartfelt, and serves up some steam to go with those hunky heroes – all of which I find ever so tasty.
Ten Facts about “The Beautiful Series”
1. A Beautiful Purpose is Blake and Audrey’s emotional journey to finding true love. Blake battles the debate of extending his time in the military to keep serving alongside his brothers and sisters or transitioning back to civilian life and finding a new purpose. From the moment Audrey Hampton walks into his life, he is drawn to her. Her beauty leaves him breathless and weak in the knees. She kindles a spark of hope deep within his soul, igniting a part of himself he feared was missing. Her never-ending compassion for others opens his heart in a way he never dreamed. Will Blake’s resolve be powerful enough to open Audrey’s sealed heart? Or will Audrey fear the past and risk losing the man who could give her a newfound reason to love?
2. A Beautiful Thought is a heartfelt story of finding love when you least expect it. Gail came to me, struggling to find a way to continue helping her sister Caroline. And throughout The Beautiful Series, Damon Johnson has always had this dominant yet caring persona about him. He finds himself wanting to help Gail every step of the way. What he doesn’t expect is the unexplainable pull he feels toward her. Can Damon break through all the barriers Gail has so carefully placed around her heart and prove that he’s different? Or will Gail’s reservations keep her from falling in love? One thought could change everything.
3. Beautiful Chances, My Beautiful, and Beautiful Dreams are the first three novels in the series, all revolving around Kyle Madison and Lily Tidsdale. Lily came to me instantly, but her heart was damaged and fragile. Kyle suddenly invaded my thoughts, wanting to protect and comfort her in his possessive, overbearing ways. He was perfect for my Lily. They complemented one another’s strengths and weaknesses. Their story is one of healing a broken soul as the heart finds true love, yet battles against the fear of loss.
4. Beautiful Ties is a heartwarming, standalone novel of a woman, Abbey Madison, who builds a friendship with a young, neighborhood girl, Pearl. Their friendship quickly blossoms into a loving relationship. All the while, Abbey meets the man of her dreams, and she finds herself being tested between balancing her love between Jason and Pearl.
5. Blake Johnson, Jason Johnson, and Damon Johnson are all brothers as well as cousin’s to Lily Madison. Abbey Madison is Kyle’s younger sister.
6. The Beautiful Series tells a story of a family growing alongside one another as each person finds their own way in life. Will they each discover who they were meant to be with in life?
7. Blake, Jason, Damon, and Kyle form tight bonds in their friendships together as Lily, Abbey, Gail, and Audrey also share the same fate.
8. Beautiful Chances is based in Sanibel Island, FL. The rest of the series is based in Lake Tahoe, CA.
9. Each of the couple’s story can be read as a series or a standalone. As of now, there will be six stories in The Beautiful Series.
10. The Beautiful Series order:
“Beautiful Chances” – Book One – Kyle & Lily
“My Beautiful” – Book Two – Kyle & Lily
“Beautiful Dreams” – Book Three – Kyle & Lily
“Beautiful Ties” – Book Four – Jason & Abbey (Standalone)
“A Beautiful Thought” – Book Five – Damon & Gail –(Standalone)
“A Beautiful Purpose” – Book Six – Blake & Audrey – (Standalone)
My new series, Fate for Love, will be introduced at the end of A Beautiful Purpose with an exclusive teaser, featuring the muse Gary Taylor, as Colton. I can’t wait to share Enduring Fate, Book 1 of Colton and Paige’s story with you all on December 30th, 2014.
~ About the Author ~
Alicia Rae is a Contemporary Romance Author who lives in Dekalb, Illinois, with her husband and three beautiful boys. Alicia has a passion for reading all types of romance, writing to bring a story to life, and photography.
Thank you to my dear sister, Kels, who showed me a few years ago how much I truly missed reading. And to my loving husband, for not throwing away my Nook, and planting the seed of writing into my mind. I am forever grateful. Xo
Readers, words cannot thank you enough for supporting me along this incredible journey. I hope you enjoy my novels as much as I do writing them. I thank each and every one of you.
Believe in yourself and follow your dreams…
Connect with the Author
Signed Beautiful Book Set
$25.00 Victoria Secret Gift Card
Follow the Romp Click the Button